“Bainbridge Island is a great place
to grow up and grow older.”
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Island Neighbors is to inform, connect and help one another thrive through life’s transitions and to age in place with confidence and dignity.
What Services Will Island Neighbors Provide?
- Providing a single point of entry – a central number a member can call to access services and volunteer opportunities.
- Providing better access to reliable vendors for services such as in-home care, routine, and specialized services
- Collaboration, planning and coordinating with existing organizations
- Increasing volunteer participation throughout the community.
- Offering tangible services that will make a difference such as handyman services; neighborhood-based support services and other specialized services.
- Citizen advocacy to increase our capacity to be an age-friendly community.