“Bainbridge Island is a great place to grow up and grow older.”
Annual Strawberry Shortcake Fest
Marsha Gladhart - 6/6/2017
Come celebrate the beginning of summer with us at Island Neighbor’s Second Annual Strawberry Shortcake Festival on Saturday, June 24, 2017, from 3:00-5:00 pm, at Waterfront Park in downtown Bainbridge. Island Neighbors volunteers will be dishing up strawberry shortcake to share with all who drop by, to update you on the progress being made to implement our mission and to answer questions about the organization. We hope you will join us for a fun afternoon in the park. See you there!
(In case of inclement weather, we will move the event to the Senior Center) .
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Island Neighbors is to inform, connect and help one another thrive through life’s transitions and to age in place with confidence and dignity.
What Services Will Island Neighbors Provide?
- Providing a single point of entry – a central number a member can call to access services and volunteer opportunities.
- Providing better access to reliable vendors for services such as in-home care, routine, and specialized services
- Collaboration, planning and coordinating with existing organizations
- Increasing volunteer participation throughout the community.
- Offering tangible services that will make a difference such as handyman services; neighborhood-based support services and other specialized services.
- Citizen advocacy to increase our capacity to be an age-friendly community.