Island Neighbors has conducted a comprehensive assessment of needs in the Bainbridge Island community. Based on the results from many survey responses, face-to-face interviews, and meetings with non-profits, we have identified the following services as high needs:
- Providing a single point of entry - a central number a member can call to access services and volunteer opportunities.
- Providing better access to reliable vendors for services such as in-home care, routine, and specialized services
- Collaboration, planning and coordinating with existing organizations
- Increasing volunteer participation throughout the community.
- Offering tangible services that will make a difference such as handyman services; neighborhood-based support services and other specialized services.
- Citizen advocacy to increase our capacity to be an age-friendly community.